Happy 2017! By the way, how are we almost halfway through January?! Not entirely sure how that happened, but I’m so pumped for this coming year of weddings, goals, and adventures to come. I’ve listed out some of my top business & personal goals for 2017 below and have included a 2016 recap!
2017 Business Goals
- Book more destination sessions & weddings
- Better packaging/gifts for clients
- Get Published even more this year than last
- New website – to finish it this month or next would be awesome!
- Book 25 weddings of my own – 1/3 of the way there!
- Book 15 weddings SSing
- Finish wedding magazine/welcome packet
- Get better at thanking those who refer me
- Have one styled shoot per year – spring or winter
- Blog at least 3 times per week
- Be better at posting, curating, and engaging followers on IG
- Write from the heart more often
- Organize & Declutter my computer/hard drives
Long term Goals
- Monthly mass blogs & emails – tips for brides – write it all out in one day at coffee shop – have Hannah add pics, etc. in blog – schedule blog posts
- Start creating a lighting workshop
2017 Personal Goals
- Read more – 1/every 2 months
- Designated quiet area time every day
- Relax more & plan it out
- When I have Saturdays off, be intentional about what I plan
- 3+ states not visited
- 3+ new countries
-Hired an office assistant: Hannah AKA my lil sis!
-Awarded best of 2017 in The Knot
-Nominated for best wedding photographer and best portrait photographer of Dallas A list, won #8 of nearly 100 for wedding & #9 for portrait.
-Was published in several magazines & blogs including Dallas Fort Worth Bride & Groom, The Knot, Wedding Wire, Rodeo Fame, and a few blogs.
-Shot 48 weddings, but don’t worry, more than half of them I was second shooting. I probably would have died if I did them all myself. Only downside was that I had about 3 weekends off and in town. Haha, #Hustle
-Had my first quad-header (4 wedding days in a row). I had to get a message and mani/pedi later that week so I could walk. Hah!
-Got a dog! Nitrous is the sweetest black lab, who loves hugs and to play fetch
-Celebrated two years with Daniel – we had a stay-cation in Dallas and explored Deep Ellum, walked through downtown, and enjoyed doing absolutely nothing at the Omni hotel
-We celebrated our first full year in our house
I also accomplished my travel goals for the year:
✔️5+ states I’ve never been to before
✔️ 1+ country that I haven’t visited before
and I went to these places throughout the year:
Charleston, South Carolina
2016 Goals Accomplished
- Promote & market more by creating fliers for venues
- Send canvases and albums to venues I’ve worked with
- Buy new favorite camera
- New branding
- Get better at building and maintaining vendor relationships, specifically, planners and venues
- Create a consistent workflow system and keep track of it – thank you ShootFlow!
- Book a session in Colorado
- Become an LLC
- Get Published more
- New website – started this and currently working on it!
- Attend a new photography conference – Fearless was awesome, btw!
2016 Personal Goals Accomplished
- #AbsbyAugust – I started working out with a friend and this was our motivation. Maintaining a workout & being persistent was key.
- Keep working out – 3-5 times/week
- Less FB/social media
- Plan more dates and gatherings
- Start getting up earlier (by 7am) – this was somewhat accomplished (8-9a)
- Went to two Lord Heron concerts