Are you unsure of where to start when it comes to planning when to send save the dates & wedding invitation? I’ve partnered with one of my favorite companies, Basic Invite to give you same great advice on a schedule and timeline for wedding invitation planning & country invitation inspiration below as well!
- 8-10 Months Before The Wedding Date
- Start looking for Save The Dates. If you are not having a destination wedding and will not be having more than a few out-of-town guests, then you will probably not need save the date cards, but I personally love receiving & loved sending out my own save the dates.
- Start thinking of your wedding colors. Check out this blog for inspiration. Since these important colors will likely be used in everything from photos to wedding invitations, carefully choosing them in advance will help everything to coordinate nicely.
- 6-8 Months Before The Wedding Date
- Mail your Save The Date cards.
- Start looking for wedding invitations. Establish a budget, then start to narrow down your favorite styles.
- Be sure to shop with a reputable company. Testimonials, product reviews, and third party sites are all great ways to gain important insights into a company and its practices.
- Sign up for mailing lists and newsletters; they often contain special sales or discounts! But when using Basic Invite, use the code “MAGGSHOTS” for 20% off & free shipping! Win, win!
- 4-6 Months Before The Wedding Date
- 2-4 Months Before The Wedding Date
- 1-2 Months Before The Wedding Date
- Mail your invitations.
- Order thank-you cards, wedding programs, menu cards, table cards, etc.
Basic Invite is also an amazing company that gives you the ability to create your own invitations with templates they’ve already made for you! It so simple and designed so well. All you have to do is upload any images, and then you can change fonts & colors, based on your wedding theme, right within their online program! A few of the other amazing offerings from Basic Invite are:
Free Wedding Websites
Our all-new wedding websites are completely customizable just like our wedding invitations! These wedding websites are mobile friendly and super easy to use. You can instantly upload all of your wedding details along with images and a map with directions which is super convenient for your guests. Choose from 180 custom colors and even choose a design to match your wedding invitation suite!
Almost Unlimited Colors
Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design you can change the color of each element on the card to over 180 different color options. So, you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it – down to the littlest detail. This is what we feel sets us apart from almost any other online stationery company and is what we feel is our biggest draw.
Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so they can see exactly how it will print as well as the paper quality before they ever have to place their final order.
Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes
Basic Invite is just as colorful with our envelopes as we are with our invitations. Customers can choose from over 40 different colors when it comes to their envelopes so that they can make their invitation stand out even before it is opened. All of our envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed.
Over 800 Wedding Invitation Sets
Each of our wedding invitations is part of a set. You can find everything from save the dates to wedding invitations and enclosure cards, wedding menus, wedding programs and even matching thank you cards!
Free Address Collection Service
Use our free address collection service to request your addresses with just three simple steps. Share a link, collect addresses, and get free envelope printing.
All in One Printing Service
From invitations and save the date cards, to custom wedding coasters, wedding printables (some of which are absolutely free!), planners, table numbers, and even bridal shower games, they are a company that serves and gives back, which I absolutely love!
So, go check out one of my favorite wedding related companies via these social media links and see some of their elegant & country themed wedding invitation suites below:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter